HMRC will stop making payments to the Post Office card accounts on Tuesday 5 April 2022.

If you receive your tax credits, Child Benefit or Guardian Allowance payments through a Post Office card account you may no longer receive your payments this way.

You will need to provide HMRC with alternative bank account details to keep receiving your payments.

You should have received a letter from the DWP and HMRC so please do not ignore these letters as they tell you what you need to do next.

Customers can choose to receive their benefit payments to a bank, building society or credit union account. If you already have an alternative account, you can contact HMRC now to update your details.

Otherwise, you can use your Personal Tax Account to change your details if you receive Child Benefit or Guardian’s Allowance. You can also use GOV.UK hereIf you get tax credits you can change your bank account details here 

Or you can call the below telephone numbers
HMRC Guardians Allowance - 0300 322 9080
HMRC Child Benefit General Enquires - 0300 200 3100
HMRC Tax Credits General Enquiries - 0345 300 3900

You only have to contact one agency either the DWP or HMRC – you don’t have to inform both.

The Money Helper website can also offer you help and advice.

If you can’t open a bank account, get in touch with Citizens Advice or look on the Money Helper website


Tap / Click on Image to enlarge