I have a new partner. Can I add their name onto the tenancy?

If you have married or entered into a civil partnership with your new partner you need to fill in this application form and send this with a copy of your marriage/civil partnership certificate.
If you are not married then we would normally only agree to add the partner to the tenancy if they have been resident at the property for at least year. To do this fill this application form and send this in with proof of residence at the address for one year (for example utility bill, phone bill, bank statement etc).

My partner has left. Can I have their name removed from the tenancy?

We cannot remove the name of a joint tenant from the tenancy without their written permission or a court order. If this is the situation please complete this form and we will contact you to discuss, we also recomend you seek independent legal advice.

My partner has ended the tenancy. Can I take over the tenancy of the property?

We will assess each case individually, providing support and advice and look at the issues such as whether the person left living in the property has children living at the property and if the tenancy was a joint tenancy.

I have a relative living with me. Can I add their name to the tenancy?

We do not normally agree for a relative to be added to the tenancy except in exceptional circumstances.

I have rent arrears? Can I still apply to amend the tenancy?

We would not normally agree to any amendment to the tenancy whilst arrears are outstanding unless there are exceptional circumstances. 

We will require you to upload photographs of Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificates or Deed Polls for name changes.

About you
Please select the reason for the request