The safety and wellbeing of STAR Housing customers is very important to us.
We are regularly reviewing the official advice regarding the coronavirus pandemic and considering how we can keep everyone as safe as we can.
The situation can change very quickly so we will post updates about any changes on our social media pages and here on our website.
For our Facebook page click here
For our Twitter page click here
There is also a easy read guide from The Government with advice and information which can be found here
Victim Support have also provided some key information to protect people from scams and fraud due to Coronaviris. This can be found here
We know that our communities support each other and if you are well and able to do so please consider checking in on your immediate elderly and vulnerable neighbours over the phone or online. If you are concerned about anyone you know please let us know on 0333 3212 200.
STAR Housing also have a duty to protect our staff so we are asking for your co-operation to do this through implementation of the following measures:
- We will only be carrying out emergency repairs for a time. An emergency repair is a problem that creates an immediate risk to safety, security or health. If you have an emergency repair please call our contact centre on 0333 3212 200 in the usual way. Please report emergencies even if you are self-isolating or taking social distancing measures as we will need to review appropriate measures if we need to visit you.
- For all other repairs and improvement works we would ask that you contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you when we are able to carry out your work.
- We have cancelled non-essential meetings and appointments. This includes activities in the community rooms that we manage. We have closed our community rooms. But All closures are clearly signposted.
- All of our offices are now closed to the public. If you need urgent help and advice please call 0333 3212 200
We know that some people may be experiencing difficulty with their financial situation. If you require support or advice at this time or you are worried about paying your rent please call us on 0333 3212 200.
If you are self-distancing or in self-isolation please let us know on 0333 3212 200 in order for us to keep in touch and provide the most appropriate service to you and ensure that you have any support that you require.
Shropshire Council, along with other key partners across the county, are reassuring victims of domestic abuse that help and support is available to them.
Shropshire Council First Point of Contact (FPOC)
- Adult social care and safeguarding concerns – 0345 678 9044
- Safeguarding children: access to Compass, children’s social care Front Door and targeted early help – 0345 678 9021
Please take care and bear with us in dealing with this unprecedented emergency situation.
Information about Coronavirus and Social Distancing
Public Health - What you need to know
Coronavirus and Claiming Benefits
Coronavirus and Your Money
Coronavirus and Domestic Abuse