Star Housing who achieved 100% compliance in Gas Safety last year has pledged its support for Gas Safety Week (14 – 20 September 20) and will be raising awareness about the importance of gas safety.
This year Gas Safety Week is raising awareness of the dangers of poorly maintained gas appliances, which can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
Gas Safety Week is addressing a whole range of gas safety matters with a focus on community safety in these difficult times - from advice about how to stay gas safe, to raising awareness of using a registered engineer who is legally qualified, to ensure consumers don’t suffer from the effects of illegal gas work though lack of awareness.
Sue Adams, Managing Director at Star Housing, said: “Our customers safety is a priority for us, our team is working hard to ensure that all our properties have received their annual gas safety check, whilst sticking to the government guidelines. This week is about raising awareness and educating customers on the dangers of poorly maintained gas appliances.”